Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 21, 2006

playing school

pretend play is one of erika's most favourite game...she will pretend to be a mommy, a teacher, a princess and even as a daddy on somedays...so i will play along with her and when i do, she always wants to be teacher...coz she love the power of "telling" or "commanding" me to do her will!

some of the conversation in the play goes like this:

scene 1
e: good morning children
me: good morning aunty xx
e: children..(louder) children...listen to me...today we are doing spelling test (evil laugh)...hahahah
me: ok
e: open your book....spell "spin"
me: s...p...i...n (pretend writing onto book)
and erika continue drilling and bombarding me with words!

scene 2
e: ok children story time...today i have a nice story book...look at the cover...very nice and colourful pictures right?
me: (looking at the tv show and half-heartedly answer) yes teacher
e: (shout at me) look here (point finger to her book)...(then she point her finger at the door) did i ask you to look there?
me: no
e: (point her finger at the tv and stern voice) did i ask you to look there?
me: (meekly answer) no (OMG!!...this is sooo teruk la...is her teachers like this or am i getting a teacher from hell??)
e: look here...hands on your lap...be quiet...are you ready children? i won't start if you are not ready
me: (sit crossed leg, hands on lap)
e: (look at me...happy...then she start) i will read the whole story and when i finish then only you can ask me questions...understand? put up your hands when you have any questions. (looking at you in the eye) only after i finish
me: okaaay (got the message!)
e: (starts telling the story...and pointing to pictures like a professional...)

scene 3 ~ imaginery play with imaginery students (mommy tired of being harrased by a power-crazy screaming teacher)
e: (both hands on the waist) children...i am so dissapointed with you...didn't i tell you that u cannot blah blah ...i am soooo dissapointed...

scene 4
e: give me the pen...my one got no ink...cannot write.
me: no erika...i need to use it
e: i am the teacher...you are supposed to be scared of me..mumm...
me: are you scared of your teacher?
e: yes la
me: no la...i see you talk to them a lot and you speak so loudly some more (hahah)
e: NOOOO.....nautiiiiiii mommy....don't laugh at me...you promised
me: i promised what?
e: not to laugh at people (sulked)
me: ok...sorry darling

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha,,,so funny la but i notice most girls are liddat..

Anonymous said...

LOL! so cute la!

jazzmint said...

keke so cute...she's a very strict teacher hoh

Anonymous said...

wat a lovely girl u have